1. Any Township related social media site must be approved by the appropriate department head and the Township Manager.
2. The best, most appropriate uses of social media tools fall generally into three categories:
3. The Department Administrator will be responsible to "post" items to the social media. Visitors will have the ability to "comment" on Posts.
4. Wherever possible, content posted to West Manheim Township's social media sites should contain links directing users back to the Township's official web sites for in-depth information, forms, documents or online services.
5. West Manheim Township's social media sites are subject to Pennsylvania's Right to know public record laws.
6. The Township, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or any group of people because of some shared characteristic.
7. Any comments that are deemed inappropriate will be reviewed by the Department Administrator and the
Township Manager, who will make the determination on deleting posted comments.
We welcome you and your comments to West Manheim Township’s Facebook pages.
The purpose of this site is to present matters of public interest in West Manheim Township, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
We recognize the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources (your tax dollars), we generally only monitor comments and postings during regular business hours.
Once comments are posted, West Manheim Township reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
Postings on social media sites do not serve as formal requests for service. Any citizen needing a response from the Township should call or visit the appropriate department.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the West Manheim Township government or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the Township at firstname.lastname@example.org.