- Five miles south of Hanover, Pa on Route 94
- Two miles north of the Maryland line on MD route 30
- Phone (717) 637-7778
For more information please visit the Pleasant Hill Volunteer Volunteer Fire Company Website at: www.pleasanthillfire52.com
Smoke Detector Program Saves Lives
The Pleasant Hill Volunteer Fire Departments offering free smoke detectors and batteries to the residents of West Manheim Township. This program was started about 2 years ago with the American Red Cross and ABC 27 news. We are doing an update for our area and due to the upcoming Holidays and to. have the opportunity to interact with the community.
To obtain a free smoke detector or, batteries please call the Pleasant Hill Volunteer Fire Department at (717) 637-7778, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. If no answer, leave a message and someone will get back you to as soon as possible.
The Pleasant Hill Fire Department would recommend the following for the residents:
- Remember to check the batteries in your smoke alarm. Smoke alarm batteries need to be change about twice a year.
- Once you have changed the batteries make sure test them on a monthly basis.
- Install at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home, inside and outside of every room that’s used for sleeping purposes.
- Keep smoke alarms clean by vacuuming over and around them on a regularly basis.
- As with any appliance, smoke alarms wear out. As a recommendation of most manufacturers, REPLACE the entire smoke alarm every 10 years.
- Organize and practice a family fire drill.
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- Banquet Hall Rental: 717-476-3279
- Pavilion & Grounds Rentals: 717-476-6436 or 717-476-1536