WEST MANHEIM TOWNSHIP NON-UNIFORM JOB DESCRIPTION: CODE ENFORCEMENT
TITLE: Code Enforcement Officer/ Permits / MS4 Administrator
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full Time
REPORTS TO: Township Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an administrative position relating to required inspections and enforcement of the Township Zoning Ordinance and Property Maintenance Code, preparation and tracking of zoning and building permits, and MS4 permit compliance.
- Code Enforcement
- Consults with the Township Engineer and Township Manager for complaints regarding violations of Township ordinances; discusses violations with owner or contractor, and issues notices for violations, when necessary.
- Advises contractors and public on the proper processes and practices for compliance with Township ordinances.
- Investigates complaints concerning zoning, property maintenance and other Township ordinances.
- Prepares and presents testimony for court cases; attend court hearings as necessary.
- Issues Zoning, Use, Sign, and Storm Water Management permits.
- Assist in inspections of zoning & building permits.
- Conducts public sidewalk framing inspections.
- Assists in closing old permits with correspondence & inspection.
- Assists with phone calls and site conferences with residents.
- Assists with permits review and processing as needed.
- Assists in determining private stormwater requirements for new impervious area (under 1000 sq ft).
- Monitors & detects changes and alterations within the township which property owners neglect to apply for prior approval.
- Stormwater Management
- Coordinates implementation of the Watershed Plan and NPDES Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit program.
- Keeps clear and accurate records of all MS4-related activities.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Must be, at a minimum, a high school graduate.
- Able to speak and read the English language; has the ability to understand and follow both written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to function independently, have personal integrity, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with the general public and fellow employees.
- Ability to read and interpret development plans to determine conformity with the regulations for subdivision, land development, flood plain, stormwater, and zoning codes.
- Ability to understand and interpret the Planning, Zoning, Storm Water, Flood Plain, Property Maintenance and other ordinances and to use good judgment in the application of same to proposed development.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with individuals affected by plan reviews, site inspections, and enforcement activities, and to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in serving the public.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with associates and elected officials.
- Experience operating computers applicable to general office work.
- Ability to organize and maintain records and documents.
- Ability to work outdoors and traverse uneven terrain. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, reach, walk and move around during working hours.
- Able to lift, pull, push, and move a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in the performance of the job. Position requires employee to accomplish any and all tasks assigned by the Township Manager.
I, __________________________________ , have read the above description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position and agree to abide by the requirements set forth and will perform all duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability. I have received a duplicate of this document for my records.
Signature of Employee Date