Skip to content

Building & Code Enforcement

Permit & Inspection Information

Please call (717) 632-0320 24 hours in advance to schedule inspections
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm

Permits may take up to 2 weeks to process. Permit fees vary depending on the project.


Building/Zoning Applications:

Miscellaneous Applications & Forms:

Construction Specifications

Open Burning Regulations:


Burn ordinance informational brochure.

View the burn ordinance here: Ord. No. 2-2012


Want to dispose of yard waste materials yourself?

H & H General Excavating Co. located at 660 Old Hanover Road in Spring Grove will accept leaves, brush, limbs and tree trunks.  Materials can be dropped off at their facility, free of charge.

Please feel free to contact the York County Solid Waste Authority with any questions you may have.

Recycling Coordinator
York County Solid Waste Authority


Other Items of Interest:

Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act 132

In 2008, the Pennsylvania Legislature passed the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act. The law requires that all contractors who perform at least $5,000 worth of home improvements per year register with the Attorney General’s Office.

For additional information and to check the registration status of a contractor please visit the Attorney General’s website at or call toll free 1-888-520-6680.